FAILLOCKSection: Linux\-PAM Manual (8)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEfaillock - Tool for displaying and modifying the authentication failure record files
- faillock [--dir /path/to/tally-directory] [--user username] [--reset]
The faillock command is an application which can be used to examine and modify the contents of the the tally files. It can display the recent failed authentication attempts of the username or clear the tally files of all or individual usernames.
- The directory where the user files with the failure records are kept. The default is /var/run/faillock.
- The user whose failure records should be displayed or cleared.
- Instead of displaying the user's failure records, clear them.
- the files logging the authentication failures for users
faillock was written by Tomas Mraz.
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:34:25 GMT, December 24, 2015