SASLPASSWD2Section: Maintenance Commands (8)
Updated: Mar 7, 2005
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEsaslpasswd2 - set a user's sasl password
SYNOPSISsaslpasswd2 [-p] [-d] [-c] [-n] [-f file] [-u domain] [-a appname] [-v] userid
DESCRIPTIONsaslpasswd2 is used by a server administrator to set a user's sasl password for server programs and SASL mechanisms which use the standard libsasl database of user secrets.
- Pipe mode - saslpasswd2 will neither prompt for the password nor verify that it was entered correctly. This is the default when standard input is not a terminal.
- Creates an entry for the user if the user doesn't already exist. This is mutually exclusive with the -d (delete user) flag.
- Deletes the entry for the user. This is mutually exclusive with the -c (create user) flag.
- Don't set the plaintext userPassword property for the user. Only mechanism-specific secrets will be set (e.g. OTP, SRP)
- -u domain
- use domain for user domain (realm).
- -f file
- use file for sasldb
- -a appname
- use appname as application name.
- Print libsasl2 version number and exit.
- rfc2222 - Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL)
This document was created by man2html, using the manual pages.
Time: 05:34:29 GMT, December 24, 2015